[Bell Historians] Kelvedon

George Dawson george at 4aAlmwjsLjK_IUXL7Y-LzJamDZTK-LDk7ZKLVQxuPjDC8C4LXlM0sm1GJ3n_-7fptL7x_oUXK4wYI7EVr9LaZ13Y-7A.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 25 11:26:38 GMT 2009

I thought our former friends HMA did this.  Perhaps their successors will do
the same?

George

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of matthewhigby at 44i3EDgoj4YjGe833jpAjKAqS9JQe2fucTwN0KsfBhinqoIw_Weq8umnKbMqRN0QSNoRO9JrBtId7aSt0Zn-.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 25 November 2009 11:18
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Kelvedon

Mitch writes:

I wonder if the Bellfounders/hangers should take on the role of overseeing
the whole project as the main Contractor. Along the lines of the Planning
supervisor in the CDM regs.

I realise that in some projects the bells are only a small part of the whole
job and therefore it wouldn't always be possible.

I say:

Sounds a fair suggestion - however we have been trying to avoid getting
caught up in all the CDM regulations and everything that comes along with
it. I have always claimed that the bellhanging trade is closer to mechanical
engineering trade than it is to the construction trade. So far, eveyone
seems happy with that, and it has saved us a heck of a lot of time &
pointless paperwork.

Starting to oversee projects undertaken by the construction trade, would
take up a hell of a lot of time, which we frankly (judging from previous
experiences), wouldn't get paid for!

Best wishes,

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,