[Bell Historians] CCCBR and English Heritage

John Dovemaster at svaAb-vQBVj6KPb8V7IOqkSSmY05dG5kNKlZ58YDuqEf8pvKKB6NGK18VwZws338Xangl-_70ui4Mj_ydI8JZzSKXBA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 8 16:47:47 BST 2009

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mark Regan" <markregan at ...> wrote:
>...  I wouldn't rely on the CCCBR for anything to do to support the Church's planning process, the CBC, EH or anyone else.

If I understand what Mark is aiming at, I find that a very sad reflection on the HUGE amount of effort that I personally - and others - put in, back in the time leading up to the 1993 CCCBR meeting (see RW1992/589f and RW1993/18f just to remind yourself of the history) when the CCCBR formally agreed the revised Code of Practice for the Conservation and Repair of Bells and Bellframes.  At the time we certainly felt that we had consulted the Exercise widely (via the RW) and had the backing of the full Council, and had actually had a major impact on the contents of that version of the Code.

It is a disappointment to me to note that no similar widespread consultation with ringers appears to have taken place, nor a robust stand on behalf of our constituency, in what one infers has happened the recent discussions.

John Baldwin