[Bell Historians] Bell and iron founding

David david.hope at WBkpESwfJPdDoV2I0We9zVlAcnkD19Es_CR1sho0ib6n8WSvxC6QHI7E3Uy_MXo7HUww2vtXbV4ycbiJ56nL.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 22 09:33:07 BST 2009

Not being a subscriber to "The Ringing World" (or "Sword Monthly"), I should correct myself by adding that Victorian swords were made from steel. The Indians, and possibly the Germans, possessed similar technology at a much earlier date. Famous examples are the Iron Pillar of Delhi and the Kottenforst Iron Man.