[Bell Historians] Re: Jerusalem

David Cawley davidl.cawley at KsgO4XUuTWJEtZmo7ZX6E97rMHDMGAmCn2WsH_njXELnOxVnVtdwtiJG6BYJciUxy3hptDF1PXl0OuRdz-ur0IAf9CMxCIw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Apr 4 07:45:59 BST 2010

The founder's name if it occurs at all is often found cold-stamped into the metal at the striking (top) end of the tube.

Other than that the "Ellacombe"-type chime manual (usually roped left to right) often has a 12" x 4" metal plaque inscribed HARRINHGTON'S PATENT / TUBE CHIMES COVENTRY

DLC
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Ellis
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 12:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Jerusalem

  Hello Mike,

  Finally I have got into Yahoo Groups.

  The plans for Jerusalem look similar to the tubular 8 here in Surrey, B.C. at St. Helen's   Unfortunately I can find no name on any of the tubes or the frame.

  Any idea where I might find the name?

  Best wishes

  Alan

  .

  Mike wrote:

    --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Alan Ellis <alan_ellis at ...> wrote:

    > Please remind me how to look at the 'Files' Section.

    Log into
    Yahoogroups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bellhistorians/

    using "alanellis2" as your username and your Yahoo password, then look for "Files" on the left side.

    It is located opposite the entrance to the Citadel in Jerusalem, built in 1849.

    I can send you the files directly if you cannot do this.

    Mike