[Bell Historians] Bells of York

Richard Offen richard.offen at 6fOqwdS5NX4NhIQo7-1BMePUX9eQXCE_exMA0ykVCnBHmIrK_QyIgupeQEojcHf0CgXJg3LZtojZV28lrBGL7LYH.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 28 16:10:46 BST 2010

Equally, avoiding anything to do with bells, ringers or the C of E is also
unlikely to provide a solution; not for you or for any of the wrongs you
feel the church and others have done you.

The best form of attack after all is infiltration.

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: Wednesday, 28 April 2010 10:48 PM
To: Bell Historians
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Bells of York

> That is very sad, but I don't really
> see what disillusionment with the C of E has to do with maintaining web
sites
> that are of more interest to historians that theologians and church
politicians?

Having been treated with disdain and contempt by several senior clergymen
for daring to ask them completely unacceptable questions such as why their
"caring" organisation has no grivance, bullying or disability discrimination
policies, and having been repeatedly stamped on by various ringers who I had
formerly (and mistakenly) regarded as friends, I'm afraid that I generally
avoid anything to do with bells, ringers or the CofE. Might occasionally go
to a practice in other areas if I'm away, but that's it. There comes a point
where enough is enough, and I'm afraid that with the CofE I have reached it.
Whatever the rights and wrongs of any situation, ignoring it in the hope
that it goes away, and having no policies so that you can make the rules up
as you go along, is unlikely to provide any solution.