[Bell Historians] Bells lot at sea

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at nQho-yr0Ka3lPB0u7qJHemki08SbuCRKoLLPss0uNcdXzXP7i7RYMBD8g9CEGsF-Cd5PC5RjB3gtyII.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 8 23:31:41 BST 2010

Hello George,

Thanks for that information.  That is way more than I knew before and
confirms the rumour.   I wonder what ship and exactly where they were lost?

I guess that after the loss of this chime, Toronto St. James ordered the
present 9 bell chime from Meneely & Co. of Watervliet, West Troy, NY.
They were installed in 1866, tenor nearly 5,000 lbs.   Info from Meneely
& Co's. "Book on Bells", about 1912.

Best wishes

Alan