Exeter cathedral

Richard Smith richard at x0MqGPBDJb_eXmNgXxpITV3AU5jBKYJlaGIt-P1Zd_CC085q3AF8U63kteadVX7Y-bvlWAeYYrsx5mqN1JOQuA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jul 26 18:07:13 BST 2010

Much to my irritation I've just tipped a cup of coffee all
over my desk and rendered illegible the first page of some
notes I'd made on the history of the bells of Exeter
cathedral.  I can't now read where I got the information
from, and I'm hoping someone can help me work this out.

It was definitely a book or pamphlet that had been scanned
and made available on-line (probably through archive.org or
Google Books); I think it was from the 19th century.  I had
used the book to draw up a table showing each recast and
augmentation of the bells since the 16th or 17th century,
and it was particularly informative about the fact that they
had a flat sixth long before the natural sixth suggesting a
ring in the Mixolydian mode.

I've tried searching the obvious on-line archives for
likely-looking titles, but have drawn a blank.  Can anyone
suggest what this book might have been?

Thanks,

RAS