[Bell Historians] YMCA Jerusalem - Carillon

Richard Offen richard.offen at nM-M4T_q-xrmoRIKNTad4sU2PHBbhUHiIgZRPJbi8jdBVShg5DD4Go1vb31Q0OKraFZtInutSZ1kLzFl5Mipa7xC.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 4 14:01:51 BST 2010

Hi Alan

I'm afraid you missed a 35 bell G & J carillon of 1930 vintage.

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alan Ellis
Sent: Friday, 4 June 2010 8:43 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] YMCA Jerusalem - Carillon

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone out there have knowledge of the reported carillon in the YMCA
tower in Jerusalem?

Having just returned from Israel and having seen the YMCA tower, I have just
learned that it has, reportedly, a carillon!   If I had only known, I would
have attempted a visit.

My wife and I did get to hear some of the catholic church bells in Jerusalem
and see the Harrington tubular bells at Christ Church.

Best wishes

Alan