[Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

Richard Grimmett richard at 5bVDNIyAxsK8_0iEZPIFdlJqBxMhsuKzJMnnAGq5Mp4IrUGeG8NUGzTJucCLO87Eg3v02VY3eTA4yG8K.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 19 21:52:20 GMT 2010

Peter Trent wrote:
  > I am not suggesting that it is a substitute for a S E's report just
that
> of all the necessary requirements of a DAC £80 is not a huge amount to
> pay and even if all your tenderers charged similarly they jointly
> wouldn't be as expensive as many of the other individual professional
> fees involved. As you say, other firms don't charge or the trustees
> would have to pay out even more and if Whitechapel get the contract you
> get your £80 back anyway

Golly Peter, if I was a supplier I would love customers like
you,prepared to give your hard earned cash away for nothing.

We don't expect any advice on this matter.  We doubt the
bellhangers/foundries will be able to tell us much more than we already
know.  We have a job to be done which we have specified.  We are
offering companies an opportunity to quote.  It is hard to understand
why we should pay one for the privilege of being able to bid for our
business.

Richard