[Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

Peter Trent peter.trent at S4qB2Hepxx-xzf75i6I0Lx2okLDQFxfFyEZT9tcQnXjoGgUHzkVP5wygIvM9u08o8FThQZKta19Ff1KRnybuVA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 19 21:11:48 GMT 2010

I am not suggesting that it is a substitute for a S E's report just that of all the necessary requirements of a DAC £80 is not a huge amount to pay and even if all your tenderers charged similarly they jointly wouldn't be as expensive as many of the other individual professional fees involved. As you say, other firms don't charge or the trustees would have to pay out even more and if Whitechapel get the contract you get your £80 back anyway
Peter
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Grimmett
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 8:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

  Peter Trent wrote:

  > Perhaps you should offer all the firms you want to tender an £80 fee for
  > their estimates or ask Whitechapel to waive theirs in the
  > circumstances? For the combined expertise involved it is still cheaper
  > than a Structural Engineers report or an initial Bat survey report come
  > to that!

  It does not invalidate the DAC's requirement (and for that matter the
  PCC's too, amd also due diligence) of having a structural engineers
  report. The bellahndgers and founders are not structural engineers by
  and large.

  When money has been given by donors to a charity it is a tough decision
  for the trustees to pay out £80 of their donations when all other firms
  invited do it for free.

  Richard