[Bell Historians] Slider Manufacturers

Peter Rivet peter at g0RKyFsC3IDtVKLS589KFMVBNOhNGvUPkd3IMmJGv1A17SEiA7RvYfMI_MLjwlhRAFg7XMgE43XV2U-ZUMz1NQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 10 07:46:11 BST 2010

My immediate reaction is surprise that you can't get it made locally, using the old slider as a pattern, which is what we would do.  Canada has a lot more timber than we have!

Peter Rivet

  -----Original Message-----
  From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at jspZ79mlD3-63mibnjaaV5acw-rrzRYe-RYo9fwJI-ySIb34Ah_Q8zrlnBIUqmHqS3AZy98a_abJbjmZo8da-OU8.yahoo.invalidom]On Behalf Of Alan Ellis
  Sent: 10 May 2010 07:28
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Slider Manufacturers

  Hello Everyone,

  We need help from an expert concerning the manufacture of a new slider.

  It is  40-3/4 in. long, tip to tip.  It is 2-1/4 in. thick.

  At the pivot end it has 3-1/2 in. radius and at the sliding end it is 2-1/2 in wide and is squared.   In other words it tapers from 3-1/2 in. to 2-1/2 in.

  The pivot pin is 5/8 in. in diameter and the centre line of the hole is 2-1/2 in. in from the end.

  When the pivot end is flat, the sliding end is 6-1/4 in. higher.   The length of the 'flat' at the pivot end is about 19 in.   At the sliding end, the 'flat' is 5 in.   Between the two curved parts, there is also a flat section some 14 in. long.

  An estimate of price and delivery time would be appreciated.  What would be really wonderful is if I could bring it back to Canada at the end of the month..

  Best wishes

  Alan Ellis
  Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver.