[Bell Historians] Slider Manufacturers

Iain Mitchell i.w.mitchell at Ni53_8xN2xhrHY1LRWtHIgnZ_-P52NnIF72b2I3cWegh1WOo7oR6Tyt3c-Sl6nsamL87uMwh2A_HrTwUVIyKQ_nZjg.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 10 07:55:42 BST 2010

Try giving Taylors a call, they usually have a large stock of Sliders on the shelf.

regards

Iain Mitchell

From: Alan Ellis
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:28 AM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Slider Manufacturers

Hello Everyone,

We need help from an expert concerning the manufacture of a new slider.

It is  40-3/4 in. long, tip to tip.  It is 2-1/4 in. thick.

At the pivot end it has 3-1/2 in. radius and at the sliding end it is 2-1/2 in wide and is squared.   In other words it tapers from 3-1/2 in. to 2-1/2 in.

The pivot pin is 5/8 in. in diameter and the centre line of the hole is 2-1/2 in. in from the end.

When the pivot end is flat, the sliding end is 6-1/4 in. higher.   The length of the 'flat' at the pivot end is about 19 in.   At the sliding end, the 'flat' is 5 in.   Between the two curved parts, there is also a flat section some 14 in. long.

An estimate of price and delivery time would be appreciated.  What would be really wonderful is if I could bring it back to Canada at the end of the month..

Best wishes

Alan Ellis
Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver.