[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Sue Marsden erincaters at kqEbQlxvAIT8LEf55sO23AFW8-CjWWhJ27I0i0HpxxjoVcQ0c-_hvyDmBPn98GNTBd0JDTvfWqChHMe2cI81Jo_4ZHU.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 15 15:01:19 GMT 2010

On 14 November 2010 19:45, <matthewhigby at PBD0rDQb56hCMIsJE6UjT_v4YzBIURKCiZtrOyNl42ypcWUa_iOBpGpqX2kZlt_CB0qdqVRq6ZGZxa2ebA8.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Two questions which members of this list may be able to help me with.
>
> 1) How many towers are there where bells are transposed in their pits (usually to save space) and the ropes cross between the bells and ringers? I know of 2 myself - Pip-n-jay in Bristol where 3 and 4 are transposed and Alverstoke (Hants) where 7 and 8 are transposed.

Allegedly, Doddington, Cambs -either 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. Never been up
there (though hopefully will do next year) but it's always been said
that is the case
SEM