[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Andrew Aspland aaspland at a7_OzBXDRDjyJpPr1JI76iutPodqhWMAro_whAPZX6hLGNzU0I-YNUMNasPKPOb5hFPqCPXGpNfUcJk.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 16 05:37:47 GMT 2010

Kirkheaton, Yorks.  6 and 7 are transposed.
It doesn’t actually save space but uses the space where it is available!
Andrew

From: matthewhigby at NtXGeL6Q0TPyjHPZ5jaIbsRbKg_inJJfQd05k9SpIOhxbCPZxiG11dyOM40N3-Z96q8Iso47udfq5jdEQQb3.yahoo.invalid
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:45 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Two questions which members of this list may be able to help me with.

1) How many towers are there where bells are transposed in their pits (usually to save space) and the ropes cross between the bells and ringers? I know of 2 myself - Pip-n-jay in Bristol where 3 and 4 are transposed and Alverstoke (Hants) where 7 and 8 are transposed.

2) Where, and how heavy, is the heaviest single bell which can or could be rung up? I pulled up Great Bede of Downside with the clapper tied some years ago, but that is heavily counterbalanced. With the clapper going - it's a different story!