[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at REccp309d5uqZnvx5CC3ad6zEatbvVX5lhIC-imSKXga85BUuObaBQpcZjtmd_dS6Jm7GlQ3LDGcBqalSKp8mLOCutllB4Q.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 16 09:48:28 GMT 2010

Re cross-roping, Milton Ernest (Beds) is another. Taylor cast-iron 5-bell H frame (8.3.C.e) of 1893 (an early one), with a treble by Bowell 1907 alongside the fifth with one added steel frame section. The result is a Bellframes 6.4 layout configured D-1, F-2, A-3, B-4, C-5, E-6. When the five were installed, this left a space by the stair at the entrance to the bellchamber.

Re "ringable" heavies, I've certanly had a very high chime on the 77 cwt Taylor bell at Heavitree RC church - but with the clappering problems already described, as it's on a counterbalanced stock.

Re broken stays on big bells, didn't someone - I could name her, but it would be kindest not to! - break the stay on the 11th at Liverpool? There was a Durham University connection again, as I recall.

CJP