FW: [Bell Historians] Church Bells of the West Riding of Yorkshire

Richard Offen richard.offen at FaPVo9ihJXPU4RjCa-GpdSRg_Oc1AgqNVIQEQggAdsZJyh_9YD46urbPtzCN729lo-8iEnCOmprNy1DbuWXgSdi_jA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 17 02:13:16 BST 2010

Alan Ellis is having computer access problems (not the only problems he's
having by the look of things!), so has asked me to forward the following
message to the Group:

Hello Everyone,

Although I appreciate Richard's suggestion and confidence, I'm afraid that
it will not happen for the forseeable future.

CB Shropshire will be the last.   It is taking an extraordinary length of
time for my copier to complete the book.  In fact it may never get done.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the final 4 or 5 signatures will be
completed at some time.   Then I can get it printed and bound.   If the book
goes ahead people who have ordered the book at the originally advertised
price and/or those who have paid already will be protected.  For all new
orders the price has to be GBP75.00.

My second problem is that my bookbinder friend has had a stroke and has sold
his business.  Hopefully the new owner will continue to bind the books for
me at a reasonable cost.  I do know him but what his costs will be are not
known!!!

Thirdly, the drop in the value of the Pound has created the largest problem
to this little business.   Sales have already fallen off and future books
will be just too expensive for buyers.  Hence, I am suspending all future
facsimile publications.

Books on the drawing board but suspended include Campanalogia 1698;
Campanalogia Improved 1705 and 1753; Clavis Campanalogia and the 2nd, 3rd
and 4th editions; and possibly CB Lancashire.

Thank you all for your support.

Best wishes

Alan Ellis

What a great shame!

Thank you Alan for the superb books you have already made available to a
wider audience.

Richard

  _____