[Bell Historians] Re: Brisbane Cathedral

Iain Mitchell i.w.mitchell at mYiInUmKzXKaDZ-0GykVoN3kJ11_C2oR1U6X2oBMJgpQuS4vBPJAxHVEVaNwGgrnucuufvrXvKs0TcPrcFRCAjXvtes3.yahoo.invalid
Sat Sep 25 20:31:24 BST 2010

From: fartwell2000
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:49 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Brisbane Cathedral

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...> wrote:

> Can someone please confirm that I am not going even madder!
>
> I think that Brisbane Cathedral's present radial frame was installed in 2004 by Eayre & Smith and the two Whitechapel Trebles added by subsequently TES to complete the 12.
>
> Therefore, there is now no Whitechapel frame at the Cathedral.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Can't really answer, but in the following video, it looks like Whitechapel stocks on most of the bells. Wonder if they sound as bad in real life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJY-DfPDjqk

Alan

I seem to remember building two new pits for Brisbane and having them laid out in the works at Melbourne, i think the rest was Whitechapels work though.

Was that the tower that was being built and had the bells put in during the building works, or am i thinking of somewhere else?

Mitch