[Bell Historians] Highest change ringing peal above sea level

Simon Reading simonreading at ruIFW9Ft2VDT88kYg4A91TjDDUkxv3U7uWsF6679xWr1Qu6012HFO0LjFRUJc-ahPp8ecKtGaFPHAnEieSgad9c.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 26 07:49:56 BST 2011

On 26/07/2011 07:43, Peter Trent wrote:

> Please can someone tell me,  where is the word's highest change
> ringing peal above sea level? Is it Harare?

Harare is situated at an elevation of 1483 metres (4865 feet) so it
seems likely. It certainly beats what I believe is the highest in
Britain, Chelmorton the highest village in Derbyshire
<http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/derbyshire-c2540.html> and possibly
the highest parish in the whole of England, with the Parish Church of
St.John the Baptist standing at 1,209 ft above sea-level.