[Bell Historians] Highest change ringing peal above sea level

Ronald Shepherd ronaldshepherd at hInjTXlLo8QsydLq1Rog7fNnFSw4QUINTV4D599KX7D6Fama1fhzHPm-ZrR269pnb9fwpeTMtZljOyfIoeCC.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 26 08:24:55 BST 2011

I think Johannesburg is around 1750 metres,highest in Australia is Armidale at 980 metres.Ron

________________________________
From: Simon Reading <simonreading at syu3sUGl1LkScP6EP_meo_7QggNXV3FSGh5DpDCEiubDDO6E5n8zvbuzo132O1M3CpLDgbCvGCvZ9x5cJWfoHCnn1-w.yahoo.invalid>
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 26 July 2011 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Highest change ringing peal above sea level

On 26/07/2011 07:43, Peter Trent wrote:

>Please can someone tell me,  where is the word's highest change ringing peal above sea level? Is it Harare?
Harare is situated at an elevation of 1483 metres (4865 feet) so it seems likely. It certainly beats what I believe is the highest in Britain, Chelmorton the highest village in Derbyshire and possibly the highest parish in the whole of England, with the Parish Church of St.John the Baptist standing at 1,209 ft above sea-level.