Bells filled with ale

Sue Marsden erincaters at wBuFGQuLVeow460_6bX2BGUb1f_v-3rxP8-_snJlvTiLCKrPeF9GTPRlQE2DIBHVuaXVBek4dYoy_1MSRgSnDR2HhA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 4 13:25:34 GMT 2011

.
> I rang it what we claimed at the time was the first peal on the bells (at Brinkley)
> in 1987 after they were restored and augmented but I see now from
> Felstead that there was a peal of Doubles  (no methods given) in
> 1787(Cambridge Chronicle & Journal CCJ 13.i.87) so I shall have to get
> the footnote amended.

It would now have to read 'First Peal on the bells since 1787. Are
there any longer gaps between the first and second peals? Or between
any peals, for that matter?