[Bell Historians] Dove's Guide of 1800 (was Peals on Six Bells)

Mike Chester mike at CBc8Kf8tU3jVYvPOwHK99THtHVIW5TsSNHIGgGFVnzAFxuC4Lrt3Fm5tBt892hXgvJ0f64Sax-vLlzCHWIgqH23vC28.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 2 13:29:38 GMT 2011

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Chris Pickford <c.j.pickford.t21 at ...> wrote:

> PS to "Let's design a database structure first - and then start
> collecting the information to populate it."
>
> I should have added ..." making sure we're clear about the scope and
> coverage of the database in relation to Dove and other existing resources"

An absolutely vital process!  There is a real possiblity that you may be starting on something that grows and grows in terms of the management* of the data involved and its duplication of other resources, particularly Dove.

John Baldwin and Drew Craddock spend many hours each week on their projects - careful that this one does not follow suit!

Mike

*Keeping a good audit trail is very important and can be quite time consuming.