[Bell Historians] Unauthorised removal of bell from the Duke's Theatre (formerly St Anne's Church), Lancaster

Matt Dawson matt.dawson at 8ff8T5lq8wtxliVr--VrqTYHOXIpZpl6j3xprLBtf4ixFBWxzb5gz7hwbynlQwl93c6n2BaQ_kqCP4BobzFLe5M.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 25 12:08:21 GMT 2011

On 25 November 2011 11:07, Peter Rivet <peter at -ODZIA6t99tclvmPXVPNdMVsrt1hgylY-Vm8OGFOvk7rDW5UdxMKhAquxkfITgMD1DUjkw6xXeUoqus7TDY.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> I have to report another case of a stolen bell.  It was hung in the bellcote on the end of the Duke's Theatre in Lancaster, which was originally St Anne's church.  It was built in 1796 and closed as a church in 1957.  According to the theatre management it disappeared a couple of weeks ago; somebody had climbed over the roof in order to get it.  There's a photo here which shows the bellcote, but I haven't so far been able to find one with a view of the bell:
>
> http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/495805

For what it's worth, the bell is visible on Google Maps street view -
see <http://tinyurl.com/cono2l6>.

matt