[Bell Historians] More peal details please

Richard Smith richard at krKpe39OBDslA7IbnTIEglGLNqNIgcaMD5pSu-PELE27RJzTDqtq80kUEPbNpZgspE6CnwfRH42izmw.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 16 15:52:06 BST 2011

Sue Marsden wrote:

> the second is Benwell, Newcastle, 1 Mar 1986 Durham Surprise Minor. It has a note on Felstead saying: RW
> 86/273,

86/273 is the peal report in 28 Mar edition:

NEWCASTLE, S James
Benwell
Sat Mar 1, 1986 2h56 (16ΒΌ)
5040 Durham S. Minor
  1 Geoffrey Evison
  2 Thomas K O Joe
  3 Susan E Marsden
  4 Francis Atag
  5 Owen A Davis
  6 L Martin Daniels (C)

No footnotes.

> delete RW 86/304

Two lines on back page of RW of 4 Apr under the heading
'Corrections and ammendments':

"p. 273  Peal at Newcastle St. James -- delete all detail."

No further explanation is given, nor is a name or initials
to the deletion, which is very curious.  I would at least
expect a brief comment about it being false, a hoax, a
duplicate, or whatever.  Do you recall the story, Sue?

I don't have easy access to 1950s RWs so can't look up the
other one.

RAS