Conservation Bellhangers Ltd

Hugh Routh hughrouth at -IFg6SDdr56JNJxWs7dQNQ8aE01xkld3bnPuEbhwcmN-GXsJ3xQfjvT7O6ZaXPPI2mfV94KBt5W_LxLs.yahoo.invalid
Sat Sep 17 20:27:57 BST 2011

I have set up Conservation Bellhangers as a separate company to my principal conservation business (Tankerdale Ltd)  to undertake the  re-hanging of two derelict rings of three bells in Hampshire: at Bullington and West Tytherley.  For many years I have I have been aware that most restoration work to bells involves the replacement of much historic material and so I am hoping to show that an alternative approach is practicable, preserving as much as possible, commensurate of course with enabling safe full-circle ringing.

English Heritage, the CBC and Adrian Dempster have all been involved at the planning stage and, with sub-contract work by Whitechapel Bell Foundry to certain components, we hope to complete Bullington by the end of October and West Tytherley before Christmas.  I had intended waiting until completion of these projects before publicising them, but was pre-empted by the local curate’s article in the RW!  I will, in due course, write an article recording the work undertaken.

I would be happy to consider other similar schemes anywhere in the country and would welcome enquiries by email, off-list, from anyone interested in having their bells inspected.

Hugh Routh