1962

nitramwe edwardwmartin at xVrJGDWrKQTPNGOXQXn8Jr-gjR135WxqmETQ6PtibNMvuznpUb8uZHLmLHpYAheJnQysUahygK7G_WWRaWLWtQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 12 10:01:39 GMT 2012

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Powney" <dennis.powney at ...> wrote:

> Please can anyone access the details of a peal of Grandsire Doubles rung at
> Broad Hinton, Wiltshire, on 27 October 1962 and let me know who the ringers
> were. I know that it was conducted by the late George Pluckrose and I
> believe that it was the first peal for the rest of the band. As you can see
> the 50th anniversary is fast approaching.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis Powney.

On page 795 (RW November 23 1962):

 Broad Hinton, Wiltshire
The Salisbury Diocesan Guild
On Sat Oct 27, 1962 in 2 hours 47 mins.
At the church of St. Peter-Ad-Vincula

 A Peal of 5040 Grandsire Doubles
Being 40 extents (ten callings) and one Morris' 240
Tenor 8 cwt. 3qr. 10lb in G

*Aubrey Bradfield  Treble
*Sam Cottle        2
*David J.Self      3