[Bell Historians] Re: 1962

Dennis Powney dennis.powney at okwVwbRa3ODmi4o5WP3q6yhvyHgJqkysbIkUwlw0Hj97-NmciwawBimkT-5_S2j5M26mMMEwV0uDvW76ICg4HbI-Pg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 12 18:03:51 GMT 2012

Thanks to all who replied, so quickly, to my request. The ringers of 2 and 5
are now deceased. I know not of the whereabouts of the tenor ringer Geoffrey
E White. He was in the R A F doing his National Service at the time,
stationed at R A F Yatesbury; his home was in East Anglia. I wonder if he
still rings? Anyone know?

Dennis Powney.

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of nitramwe
Sent: 12 January 2012 10:02
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: 1962

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
<mailto:bellhistorians%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dennis Powney"
<dennis.powney at ...> wrote:

> Please can anyone access the details of a peal of Grandsire Doubles rung
at
> Broad Hinton, Wiltshire, on 27 October 1962 and let me know who the
ringers
> were. I know that it was conducted by the late George Pluckrose and I
> believe that it was the first peal for the rest of the band. As you can
see
> the 50th anniversary is fast approaching.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis Powney.

On page 795 (RW November 23 1962):

Broad Hinton, Wiltshire
The Salisbury Diocesan Guild
On Sat Oct 27, 1962 in 2 hours 47 mins.
At the church of St. Peter-Ad-Vincula

A Peal of 5040 Grandsire Doubles
Being 40 extents (ten callings) and one Morris' 240
Tenor 8 cwt. 3qr. 10lb in G

*Aubrey Bradfield Treble
*Sam Cottle 2
*David J.Self 3