The future of Campanophile

John Camp camp at q6Kmx_1U1cSKyI7YBwrRGfQFxDbO6PqZeFaVjhaVHFdnwEekbGWNu76qMrR141J2fD_vgAYm0Bg0y-A.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 14 15:14:29 GMT 2012

I have been asked by Nigel Herriott to forward this message:

In light of the continuing uncertainty regarding the future of
Campanophile, the Ringing World is acting quickly to ensure that the
peal / quarter peal submission, viewing and recording facilities are
made available for the ringing community again as soon as possible.
In addition to maintaining contact with the Campanophile team, we are
setting up an alternative facility which we expect to launch (in a
provisional format) tomorrow.  In the short term, this will allow
ringers to submit, view and search for peal / quarter records as on
Campanophile as well as search a selection of past data records.  In
the longer term, the Ringing World aims to ensure that accurate peal
records are gathered, maintained and available for public viewing for
many years to come.

This is not a competitor to Campanophile which we continue to consider
to be an excellent website and greatly appreciate its support with
peal / quarter peal submissions to the Ringing World.  We would
instead like to ensure that the information gathered and displayed by
Campanophile is not lost and the Ringing World continues to fulfil its
function to gather and publish peal / quarter peal records
effectively.

Nigel Herriott
Chairman of the Ringing World