Lichfield bells and Elias Ashmole

John Camp camp at UM3hshJaDQPQwX2T0G__W0sm64j3cB18cyN_n5ATL7QjlmXtRmsG5I_m7Q6reQrBReeslcGiTvaRdlJ1ULpr.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 10 18:18:55 BST 2012

Dr William Poole, Fellow of New College, Oxford, has come upon some
material about Elias Ashmole, the founder of the Ashmolean Museum in
Oxford, and Lichfield bells.  He has written a short article on the
subject (which includes a reference to the band of "Loyal Youths" which
rang there, in a uniform of a flannel waistcoat edged with black
buttons, and a black silk cap, though whether they wore the cap when
ringing is not revealed).

The article can be found at <http://www.bellringers.org/lichfield.pdf>.
Any comments would, I know, be gratefully received and could be sent to
me for transmission to Will.

John Camp