Lichfield bells and Elias Ashmole

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at zQJvlHjmT91Ul_0WsJk93oqRU5M3BWcWSbnjL0IKswUYbwR2_jeRU8ImnF2ibSOp3Z5rLKHewdmEYRePobMd7vuUa4jkdH4DhOk.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jul 16 15:30:09 BST 2012

I've now dug out my earlier article on the "Loyal Youths" and attach a
scanned version, together with the two follow-up letters from the 1983
/Ringing World/. Belfry language and behaviour was evidently pretty
colourful even in 1686-8, as some of the quotations show!

I've looked at the subscription lists, but - so far as I can see from a
fairly hasty check - there is no record of Ashmole having contributed.
However, the list seems to relate to the original appeal for funds
rather than the "top up" fund mentioned in the 1688 letter.

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at wO580xlfXtx32hPycflhO2edp1-PtHnjL-o4dE_Fs5Awrfdc39yt2SHRICgdqw6s4OMLnyoUMzj30_3P6Q.yahoo.invalid or