[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic bell

Richard Offen richard.offen at RmmRipx-B5XfQxTnKgrGay34DLjbkKIhVOluZzkQdVYlxwdOqFhFLwyXyjtBPS5VFpqG7h0sO0UE_u-2z30erxk.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 25 10:46:35 BST 2012

> > > the Contractors should be ashamed of themselves
> >
> > But this is the phrase that bugs me. What has Whitechapel done wrong???
> >
> > DrL
> >

> Very well put Dickon.
>
> If Whitechapel didn't have the casting capacity, they had only two business choices ...
>
> 1. Outsource the actual casting.
>
> 2. Turn the whole job down ... and how would that have looked?
>
> Regards,
> Steve P.

As I have asked before, I wonder if the steel for the stadium was made in the UK, or all the electronic gadgetry that will make the place run?   I have my doubts!

I also find it rather interesting that a member of Taylor's staff has gone to the trouble of acquiring a photograph of the bell, clearly taken at the Dutch foundry where it was cast, and seen fit to publish it to this group.  Not a very professional thing to do in my opinion.