[Bell Historians] Ellis Publications

Philip Denton ph.denton at kNUxp8Xre4hrXekMELPKtv38nphUk3evrhOEst0EeKW2SQ7XngpL4Lbsb2pYKIUO6pCurtHkvH4XLv157tGVhQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Oct 9 08:28:08 BST 2012

Sorry, reply to Alan sent to everyone my mistake...my apologies!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: alan_ellis at TFGcz9LM3SM_HZoXtBMjxJz8UdnT-jvkbiYgon2_4Gd_ex_MG4WyMox7VzQWiRx3bzxjc0O9XjxZLj0.yahoo.invalid
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:54 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Ellis Publications

  Hello Everyone,

  As you may or may not know, I only sell my books through these lists, the Ringing World
  and at the CCCBR meetings.  Church Green Books in Witney, Oxon, is the sole exception.

  Unfortunately Ellis Publications has to come to a close.  A combination of books now being
  available on the web or print-to-order, higher printing, binding and postage costs but most
  of all the drop in the exchange rate between the UK and Canada have resulted in my
  publications no longer being cost-effective.  Church Bells of Lancashire was my last book.

  The aim has always been to supply quality bound facsimile copies of rare and desirable
  books of interest to ringers at a reasonable cost.  As such, the books are priced to ensure
  an excess of income over outlay and not to make a profit .  However, most of the excess
  of income over outlay is sitting in my cupboard as inventory.  :-)

  Ordinarily, I do not give discounts but as I am coming to the UK at the end of the month,
  all being well, and as I do not have other books to bring,  I make the offer of bringing any
  of the books to the UK, thereby saving purchasers the cost of the Canadian postage
  normally included in the price of my books.   UK postage is still included.

  The prices noted below includes the Canadian postal discount.

  1        THE ART OF RINGING (THACKRAH - 1852)                                GBP25.00
  2        THE ART AND SCIENCE OF RINGING (BANISTER – 1874)          GBP25.00
  3        TINTINNALOGIA (DUCKWORTH - 1671)                                    GBP30.00
  4        CHURCH BELLS OF CORNWALL (DUNKIN - 1898)                     GBP30.00
  5        STEDMAN (DAVIES - 1903)                                                       GBP35.00
  6        ANCIENT CHURCH BELLS IN ENGLAND (DOWNHAM - 1898)   GBP30.00
  7        TINTINNALOGIA (DUCKWORTH – 1668 & 1671 (pair)               GBP65.00
  8        CAMPANALOGIA IMPROVED (MONK 5th EDITION - 1766)       GBP35.00
  9        CHURCH BELLS OF WORCESTERSHIRE (H. B. WALTERS)         GBP45.00
  10      CHURCH BELLS OF OXFORDSHIRE (F. SHARPE)                        GBP45.00
  11      CHURCH BELLS OF SHROPSHIRE (H. B. WALTERS)                   GBP65.00
  12      CHURCH BELLS OF LANCASHIRE (F. H. CHEETHAM)                GBP85.00
  13      DE TINTINNABULIS (TRANSLATED BY DR. A. MARTIN)            GBP30.00

   Payment may be made by cash, Sterling cheque or by bank-to-bank transfer.

  If anyone is interested, please let me know.

  Best wishes

  Alan Ellis
  Ellis Publishing
  Surrey, B.C.