Opinion on another bell please.

Ted Steele teds.bells at KF7nPQ0QiLGaLNnVJKFF-53Z12keNa4rsJMNEpukl1XXXB66WNKKXduMBHBrKHXjP42GO2Fp1hWhMJYXqw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 12 19:55:53 BST 2012

The enquiry about the Norwich bell reminds me that I intended to enquire
about the bell at Launceston, Cornwall, museum. It was originally on the
nearby Trebartha estate, probably over the stable block and perhaps with
a clock as it seems to have been struck on the outside. It is marked
"RODDS ESQ" with date 1762. I believe Rodds will have been the owner,
but perhaps I am wrong. It appears to have scallop shells; are these
founders marks or also something to do with the owner or estate. Can
someone suggest a founder?

I have often found myself looking at stable or other estate bells on
visits and wonder whether anyone has attempted to catalogue them. There
must be many that have been lost. Opinions on this bell would be welcomed.

I also attach a picture of a small bell that I assume to have been cast
by the foundry where it used to hang. This is in the same museum and the
foundry referred to (Box's later the Northumberland Foundry, see
picture) was in the Newport area of Launceston. I suspect it cast it's
own small bell simply because it could and did not cast others, but
someone may know differently. I send this just for interest.

Ted