[Bell Historians] Oral History

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at ...
Mon Jun 10 15:26:18 BST 2013

If anyone is going to talk to Dennis Brock - or anyone else which
archive-worthy recollections - it's worth trying to follow the guidlines
suggested by the Oral History Society - see
http://www.ohs.org.uk/practical-advice.php.

I've done quite a bit of this (although only a couple of interviews with
ringers, I'm sorry to say) and I'll be happy to offer some general
guidance.  But most people I've spoken to about oral history find the
Oral History Society (and British Library) guidelines very useful and
practical. It doesn't have to be done strictly to the book or made
unduly complicated - but the basic principles are well worth adhering to.

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at ... or