[Bell Historians] Peal Board Database

John Harrison john@jaharrison.me.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Dec 1 15:51:42 GMT 2017

In article
<CAHe9+AdZtTFt7Lf1A+_vf5t=a9GJCcMOnmSaiuet+vPRO1vjrQ at mail.gmail.com>,
   Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk [bellhistorians]
<bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Has any consideration being given to creating a central peal board
> database,

Yes.  The idea was suggested to the CC Public Relations Committee earlier
in the year.

We suggested that as a first move it would be good to encourage people to
start recording peal boards locally (I know a lot already have records, but
I am sure many don't).  That would be beneficial in its own right, as well
as providing source material that can be used to populate a database in due
course.

We decided that it fell more naturally within the remit of the Library
Committee and so we passed the idea over.  I believe the Library Committee
has given it more consideration but I don't know the details.  Maybe
someone from the Committee is on this list.

In any case, that seems an obvious project to be picked up by the new
Historical and Archive workgroup that is being set up.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk

Posted by: John Harrison <john at jaharrison.me.uk>