[Bell Historians] Rust and the tonal characteristics of steel bells

Matthew Higby matthewhigby@aol.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Dec 26 20:03:33 GMT 2017

Bill. I bought these bells from Bassaleg PCC and subsequently removed them from Bassaleg tower.  I remember some remnants of paint on the bells which appeared to be original. I stored them for a few years and then sold them on to David Potter who in turn hung them in Sheffield. They were shot blast cleaned before being hung in Sheffield (apparently they were rusty again within a few days). I wasn't sure if you knew that.... Matt H

Sent from my iPhone