[Bell Historians] The Botley Youths

simon.bond.lists@googlemail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Nov 28 15:41:11 GMT 2017

On 28/11/2017 15:10, Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com [bellhistorians] wrote:
 There's a Botley on the edge of Oxford. Could [St Paul, Botley Cross] be that
 place?

 I don't think so. There is a church dedicated to Ss Peter and Paul in Botley, but it is modern, replacing an earlier temporary building. I've got nobody matching those names ringing peals in Oxford at that time either.

 The report in Bell's Life in London starts "On Monday last...". For what it's worth, the only peal listed in Felstead on any Monday in December 1874 was Stedman Triples at St Marie's Sheffield.

 SAB