[Bell Historians] Fw: [GCNA-Members] images [2 Attachments]

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl@swbell.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Jun 4 03:59:23 BST 2018

My guess on the photo is English bells (obviously an octave) at a Boy Scout jamboree.Any ideas? Carl

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: famille vitu <jpvitu at wanadoo.fr>
 To: gcna-members at lists.uchicago.edu
 Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:23 PM
 Subject: [GCNA-Members] images

 Dear colleagues, I attach two images for you which I have recently found on the web: -    drawing of 8 ringers ringing Notre Dame de Paris's bourdon bell -    photo from the BNF (French National Library), entitled "carillon"; looks like it was taken at a school (UK ?) - if anyone can give their advice on where this was taken, who founded the bells, and other interesting tidbits, I would appreciate it. Greetings to all, and excellent congress to all the attendees,Elizabeth