[Bell Historians] Fwd: Re: FW: Bishop Selwyn's Bells

Revd David Cawley davidl.cawley at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 25 20:25:35 GMT 2020

Thoughts about the Auckland and Inveraray postings.

I'm not sure how to play this one. Although the long-term intention was
to hang the great Inveraray Bells for ringing, there was no facility for
anything more than hanging them as a chime (of which the Duke was very
proud and used to show it off to his guests).
So it's a case here, I think, of chime to ring, the intention applying
to the latter.

Re Auckland, it all depends on exactly how they were hung at
Bishopscourt. If they were hung as a chime, it would be a simple case of
chime to ring; if they were hung (even if not rung) for ringing, it
could be a transfer.

DLC