[Bell Historians] Canons on ancient bell at Hanford, Dorset

c.j.pickford at talk21.com c.j.pickford at talk21.com
Tue Dec 7 08:47:01 GMT 2021

The section, I think, is just that - a straight line through the single
canons and argent (i.e. omitting the double canons altogether).

There are actually two Dalton photos, and the second one (unpublished) shows
the Hanford bell in the other plane (i.e. with the single canons facing the
camera). I also have a photo taken at Whitechapel in which the outline
represented by the sectional drawing can be seen more clearly

Hope that helps

Chris Pickford
Kinver (UK)
Tel: 07811-453525