[Bell Historians] Hastings stays

Ken Webb ken44webb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:19:02 GMT 2022

I agree that a correctly set up Hastings is the best solution. (In the
Letter from Arthur Fidler he explains how he did it on his own & that it
would take three people in 2004.)

Regarding the timber end stops bolted to the slide bar used with a
Hastings stay   - were these intended to be adjusted / replaced? They
seem to be the solution if a bell is too deep set etc? I replaced one
which was decayed through woodworm - unbolted very easily.

(Examples are on pages 96 & 97 of Bell Fittings by Trevor Jennings which
also states they reduced the slide patterns differences to 8  (1930's?)
& then 2 from 1950.)

Ken