[Bell Historians] Oldest set of six?

Dickon Love dickon at lovesguide.com
Sun Jul 21 11:03:31 BST 2024

Carl asks about the feasibility of recording and reporting on former bells and collections of bells. As he rightly says, Dove is focussed on what is in existence now, however in the background the Dove Team is able to record bells/collections that are no-longer in existence. This is an area for future development, both in terms of the design of the database, and the gathering of data. In the first instance we’ll be recording lost full-circle rings in order to drive the corresponding tables in the published book appendices. In time, it will be possible to grow this data set. However, as Carl says, the history of these things goes back centuries, with many unknowns, so we’ll never get a complete dataset. It is a huge job!

Dickon Love

Bromley, Kent

07983 352279