[r-t] Hair splitting

Don Morrison dfm at mv.com
Tue Aug 30 16:23:43 UTC 2005

I suspect the answer to this is well known, but I don't recall seeing
it discussed:

If I ring a vanilla peal of Cambridge Minor is there anything, other
than taste and good sense, to prevent me from claiming that I've
instead rung a peal of spliced Cambridge and Ebor? There'll certainly
be plain leads of both methods in it. And so long as I ring at least
one each of the two standard extents it'll even be all the work, even
in Old Bailey's conservative use of the term.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
"A pig's gotta fly."  -- Hayao Miyazaki, _Porco Rosso_