[r-t] Cambridge S Minor

Michael Schulte michaelfschulte at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 23:27:35 UTC 2005

--- Glenn Taylor <gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but why
> can't you do something similar by taking a 720 with
> (say) the 2nd in the hunt, chopping it into its six
> courses and then introducing those six courses into
> a standard 720 with the treble in the hunt? Obviously
> only the treble and 2nd get a "go" in the hunt but
> you have achieved a variable hunt 1440 with every row
> twice.

While the above is certainly a way to achieve a 1440 of variable hunt, it seems less than
satisfying. I suspect (though I have no way of knowing) that this is not what was really being
asked.

Perhaps a more specific way of phrasing a question:

What is the minimum length necessary so that *every* bell is the hunt bell for at least one lead?
(Or maybe even for at least one course? But I suspect one lead will do.)

Or how about this, for a slightly different tack:

Is it possible to find six courses, each with a different hunt bell, that are true to one another?
If so, and if they could then be joined somehow, that'd do the trick...

This seems more satisfying to me, sort of like an 'all the work' composition of spliced.

Even if this is not the originally intended question(s), does anyone know the answer(s)?

Mike

====
Mike Schulte
Birmingham, Alabama, USA