[r-t] Extension (was Yorkshire Alliance)

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 11:51:34 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Philip Earis <Earisp at rsc.org> wrote:

> The problems with the current rules for non treble-dodging methods are
> well documented (eg plain bob extending to grandsire, etc, not allowing
> different number of changes in the lead, etc). However, I think the
> rules for extending treble-dodging methods are also up the creek.

FWIW I agree - What gets me is some theoritician declaring "the parent
method" How nice it would be (?) if there always was a a 'parent method'
but then again, one can be a parent yet still produce lots of little
buzzards!

Ironically Plain Bob Minor did not exist until a form of Grandsitre Doubles
was applied to the treble's leads of Plain Hunt on 6 but it is not the case
that Grandsire Doubles came about as being an extension of Bob Minimus

mew