[r-t] series to Chandler's

Andrew Graham ajgraham42 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 08:50:56 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 8/12/08, andrew sibson <a.sibbo at talk21.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a series of peal compositions working
> towards Chandler's 23-spliced.
>
> I've got John Goldthorpe's series which, while
> being
> very helpful, has the disadvantage that the
> compositions at each stage are quite different (unlike
> eg the series to Smith's 23 where the basic calling is
> the same at each stage), and stops at 19.
>
> I have a vague memory of having seen another one, but
> however hard I look, I haven't been able to find it.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or
> alternatively tell me I've been dreaming and there
> isn't one.
>
> Hippo

You could try the attached series by Colin Newman.  Although it does have the disadvantage of introducing an extra method at the start that is later discarded (Swineshead), it has a big advantage (in my opinion) over Richard Pearce's series in that you start straight off with the Chandler's pattern of calls and lead-end groups and just plug methods into the correct place as you go along.

There are 2 versions with different orders of methods added.

AJG