[r-t] Fifield Doubles

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Dec 23 18:44:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:26 PM, edward martin
<edward.w.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what it is officially supposed to be but you can get a
> true 120 by ringing 3rds instead of 5ths whenever any one particular
> bell is turned from the lead by treble.
> ie :
> p = 5.1.125.3.5.3.125.1.5.123,
> b = 5.1.125.3.5.3.125.1.3.123

I suspect some ringers might be more comfortable thinking of that as
spliced Fifield and Little Oakley Bob Doubles. How do folks generally
slice the distinction between calls not across the lead end versus
splicing with asymmetric methods?

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take
command. Very often, that individual is crazy."   -- Dave Barry