[r-t] Method Workshop

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Mon Jul 14 05:52:21 UTC 2008

"Inspired in part by MBD's very nice stedman pricker, here is an attempt to
do something similar for arbitrary methods:
http://www.math.ubc.ca/~holroyd/grid/
Please let me know of any comments, suggestions..."

Super Ander. I can see this being useful. Actually I vaguely recall seeing
something similar about 6 or 7 years ago, but can't remember where.

As for suggestions, I think the visual output could be made more friendly.
At the moment it's not especially easy to see either the rows generated or
the "proto-grid".  Maybe using colour would be good? Perhaps you could also
have separate panels to the right, showing the pure grid so far and a list
of rows generated.  Or even a blue line for those who like it.

Other suggestions: having an input box to enter notation strings of notation
(including the ability to enter wildcards) might save time, especially for
maximus etc.

Also the ability to insert a few changes into the middle of what you've done
without re-starting would be good.

The option to apply different types of symmetry to what you've entered so
far could also be handy.

And there's currently no way to insert jump changes either...