[r-t] Method Workshop

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Mon Jul 14 06:08:49 UTC 2008

> Super Ander. I can see this being useful. Actually I vaguely recall seeing
> something similar about 6 or 7 years ago, but can't remember where.

I did the same thing in a spreadsheet maybe 10-12 years ago and announced
it on an email list, so maybe that was it...

> As for suggestions, I think the visual output could be made more friendly.
> At the moment it's not especially easy to see either the rows generated or
> the "proto-grid".  Maybe using colour would be good? Perhaps you could also
> have separate panels to the right, showing the pure grid so far and a list
> of rows generated.  Or even a blue line for those who like it.

How would you use colour?

I defintely plan to add symmetry, and conversion to and from pn.  It seems
it would also be good to know quickly what type of method you have
(differential, hunter etc) and whether it is a regular lead end.
Falseness would also be nice, but that would require more work...