[r-t] Composition Library

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Apr 14 16:59:21 UTC 2009

2009/4/14 Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk>:
> http://www.changeringing.co.uk/complib/

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that a supposedly "open
source" project appears to be tied so tightly to so many
Microsoft-only technologies?

I note also that it seems to depend upon a custom written client, also
I'm assuming Windows-only. If I'm interpreting that correctly, does it
mean that not only are those of us that use non-Microsoft machines not
welcome to help as developers, we're even precluded from consuming the
results of the endeavor?

"Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed
in doing this, tell me how."
                              --Mary Schmich, _Chicago Post_, June 1997