[r-t] Common Grandsire singles in Oxford Bob Triples

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Sun Jan 4 12:11:33 UTC 2009

Don Morrison said  on 03/01/2009 16:55:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:
>> That latter property would come for free if the composition were
>> structured as a two part with a single half-way and end, right?
>
> Err, no, on reflection I don't think that's quite right. If it has
> only two singles, and they are half-way and end, then I think it has
> every row once each at hand and back. Have I got it right now?

On reflection, further proof is required - there might be rows repeated
within each half, but omitted in the other. But I don't think this is
possible.

To answer the original question:

10080 Oxford Bob Triples
234567   1  2  3  4  5
----------------------
236457   -           - |  |  |  |
342657               s |  |  |  |
247365   -        -    |A |  |  |
547236   s             |  |B |  |
723564   s  -     -    |  |  |  |
----------------------    |  |C |
523467            -  -    |  |  |D
----------------------       |  |
752463        A              |  |
253467            -          |  |
----------------------       |  |
425367        B              |  |
----------------------          |
342567        B                 |
----------------------
423           D
----------------------
345267        C
----------------------
734265        A
324567            -  s
Repeat

Contains each row at hand and back.

(a 24-part with bob omitted every fourth part starting with 3rd, and s
half-way and end)

--
Regards
Philip